The confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh is underway. There are still a lot of unknowns, especially when it comes to the preservation of religious freedom.
Please urge your senators to ask Judge Kavanaugh these critical questions:
- What role, if any, does your religious faith play in your judicial philosophy?
- If a conflict arose between your faith and your obligations to the Constitution, how would you resolve it?
- How might you describe your judicial philosophy concerning the Establishment Clause?
- Do you believe that the Free Exercise Clause supersedes other rights?
- What is your perspective on the current state of the law concerning direct government funding of religious institutions?
Every nominee deserves an opportunity to answer these questions and more — but first, they must be asked. The Senate has the obligation and duty to thoroughly question all potential justices on these issues. Join us in ensuring that every newly confirmed member of the Supreme Court is a champion for true religious freedom.